- What was one thing you remember from the message tonight?
- What were you challenged by through the message tonight?
- What is the difference between “knowing about Jesus” and “KNOWING Jesus”?
- How would you describe your relationship with Jesus?
- Why is it important to have your foundation and focus on Jesus?
- When you think about Peter’s journey with Jesus, what is encouraging to you? Why?
- Describe what a “full life” means to you.
- What is one thing that stuck with you from Aisha’s talk?
- What are the differences between the ways culture (the world, tv, etc) defines love and how God defined it?
- “Love is compassion in action.” Have you done something in the past that is an example of this? What is one practical way you can put your compassion in action moving forward?
- What are the things or thoughts that get in the way of you putting your compassion into action?
- How can you be more intentional about making people feel seen?
- What is a problem you’ve seen that you want to be part of the solution?
- Tiger talked about the 4 P’s (Personal looks, Performance, Popularity, Possessions) as the “value messages” of the world we live in. Where do you see these in your school? Give some examples. How do you feel the pressures of the 4 P’s?
- How does the “comparison game” show up in your school? Where do you see it on TV, Movies, Magazines, Social Media? How does it affect how you feel about yourself?
- How do you think God’s message speaks something different? See if any of them can give biblical references to support their ideas. (Bonus Points!) Tiger mentioned John 10:10—maybe have someone read that and discuss it.
- What is a “train” that is trying to get your attention right now? Do you have any spiritual questions as you begin this Youth Gathering?
- The Bible Story mentioned three things about Zaccheus: See if anybody can remember any of them!!
God’s Love sees the Individual.
- How do often get “lost” in the crowd?
- What does it mean to you that God might KNOW you by name and be calling you?
God’s love is not just for the winners.
- What are ways that you feel like a “winner” or… a “loser”?
- What would it mean to you to think that God really does accept you as you are?
God’s love changes people.
- What happened to Zaccheus after meeting Jesus? Why do you think he did that?
- Are there any changes that you would like to make in your own life? What scares you about the idea of change in your life? What is appealing?
- What difference might this make if these three things were true about God?
- What do you think it means when Tiger says: “It all starts with your name?”
- Why is that important?
- Where are you in the story? See if they can be honest about where they are spiritually….
- a. Not even at the parade….distracted and doing something else.
- b. On the parade route, but just part of the crowd.
- c. Interested in Jesus enough to climb a tree and catch a look.
- d. Hearing his voice call me in some weird ways
- e. Getting out of the tree
- f. Things are changing because I am following Jesus